Las Vegas Related Movies & TV Shows
Listed by year released. Las Vegas Moview Listed Alphabetically
This is a list of Movies and TV Shows that are set in the Las Vegas area and/or filmed in Las Vegas, NV.
- Boulder Dam (Action/Drama) - 1936 - Parts filmed in Las Vegas and at the construction of Hoover Dam
- 20 Mule Team ( Western) - 1940 - Parts filmed in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Nights (Movie - B&W) - 1941 - Set and filmed mostly in Las Vegas.
- Moon Over Las Vegas (Movie - B&W) - 1944 - Set and filmed in Las Vegas.
- Sheriff of Las Vegas (Movie B&W) - 1944 - Filmed in Las Vegas and some surrounding areas.
- Vacation In Reno (Comedy) - 1946 - While not set in Las Vegas, there were many scenes filmed in Las Vegas and surrounding areas.
- Heldorado (Western) - 1946 - Set in and around Las Vegas including Boulder Dam and Valley of Fire State Park
- The Lady Gambles (Drama) - 1949 - Set in Las Vegas with many of the external scenes filmed in and around Las Vegas
- My Friend Irma Goes West (Comedy / Musical) - 1950
- Dark City (Crime / Drama) - 1950 - Part filmed in Las Vegas.
- Painting the Clouds with Sunshine (Musical) - 1951
- Sky Full of Moon (Comedy / Western) - 1952
- The Las Vegas Story (Drama / Crime) - 1952 - Set and filmed in Las Vegas.
- Sabre Jet (War Drama) - 1953 - Filmed at Nellis Air Force Base
- Split Second - 1953
- Highway Dragnet (Crime/Drama) - 1954
- The Atomic Kid (Comedy / Sci-Fi) - 1954
- Las Vegas Shakedown (Romance / Drama) - 1955
- The Girl Rush (Comedy / Musical) - 1955
- Meet Me in Las Vegas (Comedy / Musical) - 1956
- Hollywood Or Bust (also known as Route 66) (Comedy) - 1956 - Part filmed and set in Las Vegas
- Crashing Las Vegas (Comedy) - 1956 - Filmed in Las Vegas.
- Eighteen and Anxious (Drama) - 1957 - Parts set in Las Vegas but not filmed there.
- The Joker Is Wild (Drama / Musical) - 1957
- The Amazing Colossal Man (B Movie Classic Horror) - 1957 - Set outside Las Vegas, Some scenes include Downtown, The Strip and Boulder Dam.
- Guns, Girls and Gangsters (Crime / Drama) - 1959 - Set in Las Vegas
- Ocean's Eleven (Original Rat Pack ) - 1960 - Set mostly in Las Vegas. Some scenes filmed at the Riviera and Sands hotels.
- Viva Las Vegas (Musical / Comedy) - 1964 - Lots of early 60's Vegas Scenes
- Kiss Me, Stupid (Comedy / Romance) - 1964 - Opening Sequence filmed at the Infamous and sadly missed, Sands Hotel in Las Vegas
- Scream of the Butterfly (Weird Drama) - 1965 - Filmed at Lake Mead and in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Hillbillys - 1966
- The Professionals (Western) - 1966 - Parts set and filmed in Las Vegas, at Lake Mead and Valley of Fire State Park
- In Cold Blood (Crime/Drama) - 1967 - Filmed partly around Las Vegas, Valley of Fire, Overton, NV
- Spree (Documentary) - 1967
- Las Vegas Free-For-All - 1967
- They Came to Rob Las Vegas (Crime) - 1969
- Flareup (Thriller) - 1969 - Filmed all over the Las Vegas Strip
- Machine Gun McCain (Drama) - 1969 - Partly set and filmed in Las Vegas.
- Elvis: That's the Way It Is (Music Documentary) - 1970 - Parts were filmed while he was performing live at The Las Vegas Hilton
- Diamonds Are Forever (Action / Adventure) - 1971 - Parts set and filmed in Las Vegas
- The Gauntlet - 1977 - Filmed in various neighborhoods around Vegas
- Corvette Summer (Comedy / Adventure) - 1978 - Part filmed and set in Las Vegas
- Top of the World (Action ) - 1978 - Takes place and filmed in and around Las Vegas, including Primm and Hoover Dam
- Vega$ (TV Series) - 1978-1981 - Filmed completely in Las Vegas
- Starman (Sci-Fi Adventure) - 1984 - A part filmed in Las Vegas
- Fever Pitch (Drama) - 1985 - Set and filmed in Las Vegas
- Crime Story (TV Series) - 1986-1988 - Show starts out in Chicago but later moves to Las Vegas
- Over the Top (Sports Drama) - 1987 - Wrestling Competition in Las Vegas
- Rain Man (Drama) - 1988 - Casino part was filmed at Caesars Palace
- Midnight Run (Action/Drama/Comedy) - 1988 - Parts filmed at Lake Mead, McCarran Airport and around Las Vegas
- Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man (Crime/Drama) - 1991 - Along with the other southwest towns of Tucson & Phoenix there are parts shot in Las Vegas
- Bugsy (Drama) - 1991 - Partly set in Las Vegas in 1946
- King Ralph (Comedy) - 1991 - A small scene out of Las Vegas
- Cool World (Animation Fantasy) - 1992 - Filmed in Las Vegas
- Honey, I Blew Up The Kid (Comedy) - 1992 - Parts of the Filming by Fremont Street, Hard Rock Cafe, Mirage,
- Honeymoon in Vegas (Drama) - 1992 - Filmed at Bally's Casino and other Vegas scenes
- Sister Act (Comedy / Crime) - 1992 - Based in Las Vegas
- Indecent Proposal (Drama/Romance) - 1993 - Filmed by the Las Vegas Hilton, The Mirage, Different area's in Las Vegas
- The Stand (fantasy adventure) - 1994 - Filmed around Las Vegas and Utah
- Casino (Mob Drama) - 1995 - Set and filmed in Las Vegas and surronding area with a variety of Vegas Entertainers
- Leaving Las Vegas (Dark Drama) - 1995 - Mostly set and filmed in Las Vegas but many interior casino scenes were filmed in Lauglin, NV, many at the River Palms
- Showgirls (Drama) - 1995 - Filmed at Cheetah's Topless Club, Riviera, Stardust, Forum Shops, all over Las Vegas
- Leprechaun 3 (horror fantasy) - 1995 - Mostly filmed in Las Vegas
- Swingers (Comedy Drama) - 1996 - Scenes from Fremont Hotel and The Stardust Hotel as well as around Las Vegas
- Mars Attacks! (Comedy / Sci-Fi) - 1996 - Part were filmed at Landmark Hotel and around Las Vegas
- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (Comedy) - 1997 - Filming locations in Las Vegas include the Riviera Hotel, Imperial Palace and on the Las Vegas Strip
- Con Air (Criminal Drama) - 1997 - Scene of plane crashing into the Sands acually filmed at the closed Sands hotel.
- Vegas Vacation (Comedy ) - 1997 - Set and filmed in mostly in Las Vegas at the Mirage
- Fools Rush In (Romantic Comedy) - 1997 - Parts filmed in Las Vegas, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (fantasy adventure) - 1998 - Mostly set and filmed in Las Vegas including the Stardust and Riviera.
- Very Bad Things (Drama) - 1998 - all around Las Vegas
- Speedway Junky (Drama) - 1999 - Filming around Las Vegas
- Go (Comedy Thriller) - 1999 - Filmed at the New Frontier Hotel & The Riviera along with other Vegas spots
- Jack of Hearts (crime thriller) - 1999 - filmed around Boulder City & Las Vegas
- Pay It Forward (Movie - Color) - 2000 - Set and filmed in mostly in Las Vegas.
- Play it to the Bone (Sports Drama) - 2000 - Las Vegas Theme
- 3000 Miles to Graceland (Comedy Crime) - 2001 - Filmed at El Dorado Canyon, Nv, Nelson's Landing, Nv, and around Las Vegas
- Rush Hour 2 (Martial Arts Comedy) - 2001 - Some film scenes in Las Vegas
- Ocean's Eleven (crime thriller) - 2001 - Filmed at the Bellagio Hotel & The famous Las Vegas Strip
- The Mexican (Comedy / Crime) - 2001 - Part of the plot is based in Las Vegas and filmed at Belz Factory Outlet Mall and McCarran Airport
- The Cooler (Drama/Romance) - 2003 - Landmark Hotel (Hotel was imploded in Nov. 1995) and around Las Vegas
- Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous (comedy / action) - 2005 - scense from Lloyd D George Courthouse, McCarran Int'l Airport, Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings,Nv, Treasure Island, and Venetian Hotel
- Domino (action drama) - 2005 - Bonnie Springs (exterior), Nv, along with the Stratosphere and Las Vegas
- Resident Evil: Extinction (horror/action) - 2007 - Pieces of vegas are buried in the sand
- Ocean's Thirteen (crime thriller) - 2007 - Filmed at the Bellagio Hotel, THEhotel at Mandalay, McCarran Airport, Lake Las Vegas, W. Sunset Blvd, and all around Clark County
- Lucky You (Romance / Drama) - 2007 - Lake Las Vegas, and filmed around Las Vegas
- The Grand (poker tournament comedy) - 2007 - filmed at Golden Nugget and around Las Vegas
- Knocked Up (Comedy Romance) - 2007 - The Las Vegas scenes filmed at the Aladdin Resort & Casino. The circus scenes were filmed at Cirque du Soleil's Mystere at Treasure Island.
- Next (Sci-Fi Thriller) - 2007 - Parts set and filmed in Las Vegas
- Into the Wild (Drama / Adventure) - 2007 - Small part filmed in and around Las Vegas
- Three Days to Vegas (Comedy) - 2007 - Parts filmed in Las Vegas including the Rio and Riviera
- 21 (Drama) - 2008 - Parts set and filmed in Las Vegas in several casinos and the Airport
- What Happens in Vegas (Comedy) - 2008 - Parts set and filmed in Las Vegas
- Crazy Girls Undercover (Action) - 2008 - Set in and filmed in Las Vegas, centered around the Riviera
- The Hangover (Movie - Color) - 2009 - Set and filmed in mostly Las Vegas.
- Dolan's Cadillac (Drama / Thriller) - 2009 - Set in Las Vegas with some external scenes filmed there.
- Kites (Romance) - 2010 - Mostly set and filmed in Las Vegas, NV
- Somewhere (Movie - Color) - 2010 - One scene filmed at Planet Hollywood Resort, Las Vegas, NV
- Hostel III (Horror) - 2011 - Set in Las Vegas with some external scenes filmed there.
- The Gambler - 2012 - Set in Las Vegas and filmed at locations including the Golden Nugget, the Palms, the Plaza and the Venetian.
- Rough Hustle - 2012 - Partly filmed in downtown Vegas
- Lay the Favorite (Comedy) - 2012 - Much of the movie set and filmed in Las Vegas
- Last Vegas (Comedy) - 2013 - Mostly shot in Las Vegas, much of it at the Aria
- The Last Stand (Action) - 2013 - The beginning of the movie takes places in Las Vegas but not acually filmed there.
Return to: | Las Vegas Facts and History Page |
Las Vegas Online Entertainment Guide |