Day 1

This report is about two friends, me--Pamee and my friend, who I will only say is B. Our flight was not until 2:00 p.m., but I took the entire day from work. B only took 1/2 day as she works for an internet start up company and they were short staffed. Anyway, it was a good thing I decided to take the entire day. I needed to go to the store for dog food. You know the kids, they will just let the dogs go hungry, or feed them "junk food". Anyway upon my arrival back home, my car started making this horrible sound. Just what I needed, as we were taking my car to the airport. Anyway, to make a long story short, I called the mechanic and arranged to drop my car off. B followed me there and then we were off on our trip.

National Airlines out of San Francisco International. The flight was fine, although they changed our seat assignment and gave us row 32, last row and the seats did not recline. But that was okay as we are on our way to Las Vegas. We arrive on time and it was nice not to have to deal with our luggage as National will deliver it to the hotel. Took LVL and there was no problem. We were the first to be dropped off and out companions on the ride were quite pleasant. Check in was quick. We were originally there on a comped trip that included tickets to see Diana Ross and her Supremes (oh was that a slip?). Since the tour was cancelled, we still decided we had to go to the Mecca. Anyway they also included comped meals for the entire trip; and boy did we eat. Room was nice. Mardi Gras tower with balcony. B is a smoker so that was a must. I called Jerry, the mechanic and he told me that since I was in Las Vegas, I had to hit a jackpot of $450.00 to pay for the repairs to my auto. Boy, talk about pressure. Relaxed in room until luggage arrived, unpacked and now we are raring to go. Downstairs we decide we are only going to play .25 machines. Unfortunately, we both donated money to the machine Gods.

We decided to have dinner at Asia, one of the restaurants in Harrahs. It was very good, although I do not understand why they don't serve soup with their entrees. All in all a very good meal. Then it was back to the slots with no luck. At 3:00a.m. we decided to call it a night.

Day 2

I'm awake at 7:00a.m. B on the other hand is a late sleeper and not even Las Vegas can lure her out of bed early. So, I try to sleep a little late. No luck, I wake up at 7:30, 7:45, 8:00. I finally decide that there is no keeping me in bed, so I'm up and shower and out the door. B is still calling the cows with her snoring so I don't even get a rise out of her when I yell that I'm on my way out and could she please remove the drapes from her mouth. Downstairs, I find a $1 2 coin Double Diamond and proceed to play. This machine keeps dropping coins so I am pleasantly surprised and continue on this machine for about 3 hours. Then the bomb--the machines gives me 2 bars and a double diamond three times in a row, then double bars and a double diamond and then on the next pull two double diamonds and a 7 for a hand pay of $640.00. I am excited. I'm up over $1000.00. After a few spins with no luck, I cash out and return to the room. It is now 1:00 p.m. and low and behold B has arisen. Let the party begin.

B and I decide to have lunch at the Garden cafe. The food was very good and this will be the first of several meals at this cafe. After all, you can't beat good food and no wait lines. We then head off to find the shuttle bus to Rio where I have to cash my check from the play and lose within the first 30 minutes. B has to sign up for her card and also receives a scratch off ticket and she wins a ride for 2 in the Masquerade in the Sky parade. Well, we get our tickets for the 8:00 p.m. show and then its off to retrieve my money. That done, we settle down for some progressive .25 slots. They were not good, so I left to try my luck on $1 slots. I tried a red, white and blue machine that I had the good fortune to win $1200.00 on during my trip in 1999. This machine was very good because 4 spins later, I'm looking at a hand pay of $960.00. Gotta love this city.

At 7:15 we line up in front of the stage to begin our much awaited ride in the parade. After the usual caution speech and putting on the costumes, we are sitting in the Gondola for our ride around the casino. Our "hostess" in the ride, a very pretty girl, but I was surprised that she did not really move like she was dancing. Very practiced and smooth; but did not exert very much movement. Oh well I had a blast shaking my "tamborine" sp. and singing to the 70s and 80s hits. We had our pictures taken in those getups and they actually were quite nice.

Back to the shuttle for our trip back to Harrahs. Do you see a pattern here, there are no outdoor activities. At least not while the temperatures reach 112 during the day, and still 100 at night. We stopped a the box office to pick up tickets to the Improv (comped of course) and then to the room to get "pretty". The show was very good. There was a woman comedian, I do not remember her name, but she was quite talented. After the show we decided to take in yet another meal at the Garden Cafe. The special was steak and shrimp. Very good. Then on to the slots again. I played on the same machine that had been good to me earlier that morning and had no luck so when the machine next to it became available, I took it and promptly hit 3 bars and two triple diamonds--net pay $1080. I'm having a ball. Instead of going to bed, I decided to try another favorite machine the $1 - 3 coin double diamond. Hit another jackpot of $960 and then its off to bed at 3:00a.m. again.

Day 3

I'm up at 9:00a.m. Late for me, but not for my friend. The people at Harrahs are going to have to replace the drapes when we leave. They are somewhere down her throat this time and there is no coming back. Anyway finally, pull the drapes out of her mouth and manage to get her up. Pack up and head downstairs for another delicious meal at the Garden Cafe. Did I fail to mention we ate a lot of meals there? Back upstairs for the luggage and quick checkout. Checked luggage with bellman since our flight did not leave until 7:45 p.m. and we did not want to leave them with National this early, for fear they would be sitting in San Francisco on the carousel from Hell. That done, we head off for more slot fun. Play video poker with no success. I then decide that I am going to play a $5.00 machine. Find one-a red, white and blue double machines and promptly hit $1600.00. Gotta love this life. Play here and there for a few hours and then its time to head for the limo. Arrive at airport quickly only to find that flight has been delayed and may not get out until 10:00 p.m. B is mad. She is to be at work at 6:00 a.m. on Monday morning. There is nothing to do but wait it out as United flights are also booked up. Played slots in the airport and won $400.00. This is easy folks. Finally departed at 10:30 p.m. and arrived home at 1:45 a.m. Tired, but can't wait until the next trip.